I am pleased to announce the release of the Traditional Chinese language version of the WAT 2.0 (including a Traditional Chinese version of the Color Contrast Analyser 2.0) The software translations were provided by Jedi. He is still working on the documentation, which will be available shortly.
I don’t have any knowledge of the awareness or interestÂ of web accessibility in China and Taiwan, but hopefully access to free tools such the WAT and Color Contrast Analyser will help. Thanks to Jedi for his hard work.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2.0 – Traditional Chinese Version (.exe, 1.3 mb)
- Contrast Analyser (Traditonal Chinese) standalone version (zip, 367 kb)
Further Reading:Â Â
International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility
W4A Conference – International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility Beijing 2008, Monday 21th and Tuesday 22nd April 2008.Â Mike Paciello (TPG) along with T.V. Raman (Google) are keynote speakers. Mike will be speaking about Web 2.0 & Accessibility. If you are attending, look out for Henny Swan from the RNIB who will also be presenting
Chinese Translations of Accessibility related W3C documents:
- Webå†…å®¹å¯è®¿é—®æ€§æŒ‡å— 1.0 – Translation of the document: â€œWeb Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0â€. Translator: å´éš½è¾° (Junchen Wu).
- Webå†…å®¹å¯ç”¨æ€§æŒ‡å—1.0ä¸çš„CSSæŠ€æœ¯ – Translation of the document: â€œCSS Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0â€. Translator: éƒäº® (Liang Guo).
- ä¸ºä½ çš„æœºæž„å‘å±•ä¸€å¥—å…·æœ‰Webå¯ç”¨æ€§çš„å•†ä¸šæ–¹æ¡ˆï¼šæ€»çš„çœ‹æ³• – Translation of the document: â€œDeveloping a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization: Overviewâ€. Translator: éƒäº® (Liang Guo).
- å¼€å§‹: ä½¿ç½‘ç«™å®¹æ˜“ä½¿ç”¨ – Translation of the document: â€œGetting Started: Making a Web Site Accessibleâ€. Translator: æ¢è‹±å¿— (Eagle Liang).
- ä¸è¦ä½¿ç”¨”ç‚¹å‡»è¿™é‡Œ” ä½œä¸ºé“¾æŽ¥æ–‡æœ¬Â – Translation of the document: â€œDonâ€™t use â€œclick hereâ€ as link textâ€. Translator: æ¢è‹±å¿— (Eagle Liang).